The government’s Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a multi-pronged scheme to brighten the future of the daughter. Because, by investing in Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana, you can easily meet the higher education and marriage expenses of your daughter. Which also has a guaranteed benefit. If you start investing in the plan at the age of the daughter.
You can open an account in this scheme till the daughter reaches the age of 10 years as the main purpose of this scheme is to keep the daughter from marrying her father when she turns 21 or to use the needy money. Only one account can be open for one daughter.
An account can be opened with a minimum of Rs 100 in this scheme after which you can deposit any amount in its multiples. At least Rs. 1000 / – has to be deposited and a maximum of Rs. 1,50,000 / – can be deposited in the financial year. The interest on the balance [at the rate suggested by the government from time to time] will be calculated.
Withdrawal will be allowed on reaching 18 years of age to meet the account holder. Matures after 21 years from the date of opening the account or on the marriage of the girl under whose name the account is opened before whatever.
The following is a list of required documents for individuals wishing to participate in this scheme.
- Birth certificate of girl child
- Address proof
- Identity proof
The Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana is currently earning 7.6 percent interest. The interest rate at the time of opening an account in this scheme. That rate earns interest during the full investment period. The government has not changed the interest rate for the July-September quarter on investments made in all small savings schemes, including the Post Office Savings Account.
- The Higher Interest Rate.
- Tax Benefit under Section 80C.
- Payment on maturity to girl child.
- Interest Payment even after Maturity if the account is not close.
- Flexibility in Deposits- any number of times amount can be deposite in multiples of Rs.100 subject to a maximum limit of Rs.1.50 Lakh per year.
- Transferable Anywhere in India.
- Even girl child can operate the account after she attains the Age of 10 Year.
- Deposits can be made till completion of fourteen years from the date of opening of the account.