Education Loan Par Vyaj Sabsidi Yojana
Hello friends and welcome to our website. The government has recently announced an interest subsidy scheme on education loans in which students can take loans for their studies at even lower interest rates. Students who wish to take advantage of this scheme can avail the benefit by reading the following details if applicable to you.
The main goal of this Yojana
The main objective of this scheme by the Government of Gujarat is to provide interest subsidy on education loans to economically weak and bright and needy students.
- The applicant should have obtained 50% or more in the standard 12 examinations of the Higher Secondary Education Board of Gujarat or Central Government.
- The annual income of the applicant’s guardian/family is Rs. Should be less than 2.00 lakhs.
- Applicant must have taken study or education loan schedule in India or abroad only from the bank
Applicable academic year
This scheme will be implemented from the academic year 2017-18. But only loans taken after 08/07/2017 will be considered valid for interest waiver and loans taken before 04/07/2017 will not be considered valid for interest waiver.
Eligibility for interest subsidy
- The applicant should have obtained 90% or more percentile in standard 12.
- The annual income of the applicant’s guardian is Rs. Should be less than 2.00 lakhs.
- The applicant should have passed the standard 12 examinations of Gujarat or Central Government’s Board of Higher Secondary Education and got admission in a recognized university abroad.
- The interest subsidy scheme of education loan will be available only once, the needy students who have not availed the benefit of other education loan schemes of the state government or the central government will be considered eligible for this scheme.
- This scheme is acceptable for courses (Graduate / Post Graduate / Diploma).
- Under this scheme, interest subsidy may not be available to students who have dropped out of the course or due to any problem/system. Expelled from institutions.
Graduate / Post Graduate / Diploma
6 lakh or less
Interest will be paid only in the loan account of the student Will be given by the student in the registration form.