India, despite being a home of many globally popular games like Chess, Ludo, Snakes and Ladders, is not among leading developers and manufacturers of toys.
Under the ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ initiated by our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi, Toycathon-2021 is conceived to challenge India’s innovative minds to conceptualize novel Toy and Games based on Bharatiya civilization, history, culture, mythology and ethos.
Toycathon 2021 is an inter-ministerial initiative organized by Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell with support from All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of MSME, Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Currently, India’s toy market stands at around 1.5 Billion USD, which primarily is dominated by imported toys. Moreover, majority of these toys do not represent Indian heritage, civilization and value systems.
Toycathon 2021 is a unique opportunity for Students, Teachers, Start-ups and Toy experts/professionals in India to submit their innovative toys/games concepts and win large number of prizes worth Rs. 50 lakhs.
FOCUS OF TOYCATHON 2021
- Toy/Games concepts based on Indian civilization, heritage, culture, mythology,history, ethos, technology, ethnicity, national heroes and important events
- Inculcate positive behaviour and good values(‘Sanskaar’)
- Toys for specially-abled/ Divyanga children
- Boosting physical and mental fitness
- Using eco-friendly, indigenous, non-hazardous or recycled material
- Focus on promoting Vedic Mathematics
- Encouraging national unity and respecting the cultural diversity.
- Supporting missions like Swatch Bharat, BetiBachaoBetiPadhao, Environment Conservation, Climate Change, Digital India, Skill India, Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Rediscovering/redesigning traditional Indian toys
- Toys for pedagogy (for teaching students’difficult concepts in Math, Science, Languages, Social Sciences, etc.)
- Design should confine to basic toy guidelines issued by Govt. of India. Click the link to view the Gazette Notification